Followers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mainstream music pisses me off

I've been thinking alot about this. When I turn on the radio, all I hear is a top 40 of the most ridiculous songs. It's all the same, some generic beat with some chick or guy singing about sex, guns, alcohol (most of the time all of it in the same song).

Where is the soul these days? Where is the message? These so called popular 'artists' are being churned out by the music industry. And that's what's wrong. They look for someone of whom they think that has enough appeal for the general public. Then some guy writes songs for them, they sing it, and then it gets adjusted with a computer, because almost all of them can't sing. Adjusted with a friggin' computer! How can these people feel good about themselves?

Thank god I can still listen to music from the olden days. If you visit this blog, you know who I'm talking about.

But I'm not saying all music is bad these days, only mainstream music. There is lots of good music floating around, but it takes some time to find it. That is because the music industry is practically telling you what to like these days. Too bad most of it is shit. And alot of people are falling for it...

What I'm trying to say is, take a step back and look at what's happening.








No comments: